- Do you wish you could go to forest school as your kid does?
- Want a creative way to learn about nature?
- Wonder how to kindle your love for the Earth?
- Would you like to feel confident and at home in this ecosystem, not as a tourist?
- Long to know the trees and birds and animals around you?
- How can natural cycles inform our lives?
This one afternoon workshop aims to deepen nature connection and sensory awareness in a playful yet profound way – the Coyote mentoring way. Coyote mentoring (the 8 shields model) is a method of sharing knowledge of, and connection to, nature. We show you how to alert your senses beyond what you thought was possible, to reach beyond the wall of green (unidentified plants), beyond the wall of chirp (random bird sounds) and notice patterns. We focus your eyes and widen them to mystery at the same time.
You will start to develop ecological knowledge through games, challenges and using field guides. Yet there will be poetry, song, creative imagining, and improvisation in the experience so that it hits home, and you start to get to know this homeland, Sinixt territory or tumxʷulaʔxʷ.
Come two and pay $54.