- Would you like to at home in this ecosystem, not as a tourist?
- Do you know how to stay warm, make a fire or a shelter, in any weather?
- Wonder how to kindle your love for the Earth?
- Long to know the trees and birds and animals around you?
- How can natural cycles inform our lives?
You will develop ecological knowledge through games and stories, creative imagining, and improvisation in the experience so that it really hits home. We show you how to alert your senses beyond what you thought was possible, to reach beyond the wall of green (unidentified plants), beyond the wall of chirp (random bird sounds) and notice patterns. We focus your eyes and widen them to mystery at the same time.
Coyote mentoring (the 8 shields model) is a method of sharing knowledge of, and connection to, nature, that is used in many wilderness schools. It is based on how Indigenous Peoples do their invisible schooling to their young.
You can take this class as an introduction to the Coyote mentoring style that Forest Path uses. Or you can go deeper by also buying and following the Kamana 1 book from the Wilderness Awareness School, as an e-book or hardcopy. We will have some books for sale for $40.