- Do you wish you could go to forest school as your kid does?
- Want a creative way to inspire learning and growth?
- Wonder how to kindle your child’s love for the Earth?
- What keeps your child’s spirit alive?
- Feel disconnected from your own inner child and want to reignite your own playful curiosity?
- Long to know the trees and birds and animals around you?
- How can natural cycles inform our lives?
Coyote mentoring (the 8 shields model) is a method of sharing knowledge of, and connection to, nature. Our job as parents, friends, teachers and mentors is to help children grow more fully into their gifts. We do this by gently drawing children to the edge of their knowledge and experience and guiding them into new territory.
Even if we cannot meet in the forest and do hands-on activities, we will give invitations for exercises to do outside between the sessions. The webinars will give a taste of the foundations of the 8 shields learning cycle, the power of storytelling as a teaching/parenting tool, how to connect to our own curiosity with the natural world as well as your own gift, how to use role modelling + art of questioning + brain science to connect to kids (and others too).