Mentor: Cedar de Trey.
Dates: September 20th to October 25.
Day: Every Monday for 5 weeks. No class on Thanksgiving October 11.
Time: 3:15 – 6 pm
Location: Mountain Station Water Reservoir in Nelson
What to bring? Snacks, water bottle, weather-appropriate clothes
Cost: $170 Scholarships available, email email@example.com
This program has been designed to help your boy:
- Have fun amongst friends and inspire his innate creativity
- Build positive self image and self-worth
- Feel supported in his life (beyond the family circle)
- Build a circle of safety and trust amidst challenging times
- Impart wisdom on how to respect the earth and all our relations
- Build community with like minded peers and mentors
- Gain a stronger sense of self and purpose
- Connect with healthy male role-models
- Reconnect with the magic of Mother Nature
- Cultivate healthy relationship to sexuality, partying, technology (and any other relevant topics to the boys & families)
Activities may include (but not limited to):
- Plant/tree identification
- Thanksgiving practices
- Sacred swordplay (responsible swordsmanship/way of the peaceful warrior)
- Earth-honouring wisdom teachings
- Wilderness shelter building
- Basic survival skills
- Story sharing
- Fire building
- Jedi teachings and trainings
- Deep listening and heart-sharing circles
- Nature Meditation (also known as a sit spot )
- Fun nature-based gameplay such as Capture the flag, jugger, animal camouflage, and other cooperative games.5We look forward to having your boy join us for 5 weeks of fun, learning, connection, and adventure!